Please link and/or re-link your Harris Teeter VIC card to include Sharon School. Our number is 1230. Thank you for supporting Sharon School.
Bathing suit , suntan lotion , towel ,
It’s never been easier for a kid to be immersed in summer reading—print , digital—it’s all good! Let’s keep that head of steam going and avoid catch-up time at the beginning of next year. Below are some ideas to insure your kids’ imaginations are stimulated and they are having lots of fun.
- American Library Association’s summer reading lists of newly published books: 2017 ALSC Summer Reading Lists
- Reading Rockets summer reading program: Start with a Book
- A great source of book reviews, by local students and librarians: BookHive
- Multicultural reading resources: How to Choose the Best Multicultural Books
- A summer of fun at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library (CML): Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Summer Programs
- Earn badges and a chance to win prizes from the CML by reading, writing, creating and more: Summer BREAK
- If your kids enjoy digital reading, remind them to access Tumblebooks through CML and Destiny ebooks which can accessed from my homepage.
Have a reenergizing and fun summer break!
Happy reading! Ms. Mazzotta
Starting the first week of July, as CMS cleared volunteers you will receive emails with instructions on how to re-activate your volunteer status for the 2017–2018 school year. When activating your volunteer status, you should also verify that the name on your volunteer profile page appears the same as it is listed on your driver’s license.