F!L!Y! Sharon Eagles FLY High!
What is FLY?
Fostering Learning Year-Round
FLY is a summer learning program to encourage our Sharon Eagles to read and practice math during the summer break.
FLY also raises essential funds for our PTA to use towards field trips, classroom needs, and technology. 100% of funds raised benefit Sharon School.
In 2019, our Eagles read and practiced math for an impressive 44,185 hours! How many more hours can we achieve this year? $59,485 was raised in 2019! How much more can we raise this year? Whether 5 or 150 hours, $5 or $500, every student can help contribute!
How Does FLY Work?
- May 1st–15th: Students set a goal of how many hours they will read and practice math over the summer. Max of 4 hours per day or 276 hours total. Students gather pledges from friends, family, and any employer corporate matching based on the hour goal they set. Flat donations also welcome.
- May 15th: Deadline to enter sponsors.
- June 10th–August 17th: Students read and practice math.
- Keep track of hours on the Tally Sheet. Make sure to keep this tally sheet as you will be uploading them in the fall. If you do not have access to a printer, please keep a log similar to the Tally Sheet and keep them as they will be uploaded in the Fall. Max of 4 hours per day or 276 hours total. Make sure to keep tally sheets as they will need to be uploaded in the fall.
- Earn one raffle ticket for every 10 hours of reading or practicing math. The raffle tickets will be used toward prizes at the fall FLY prize pep rally on October 9th, 2020. The more reading and math; the more raffle tickets and chances to win prizes. Students in the 100 Hour Club and Top Readers will get special recognition at the fall pep rally.
- Please fill out your donation pledges (click here)
- Please download the tally sheet (click here)
- Keep track of all of your reading and math this summer!
- Tally sheets will be uploaded between September 8 and 20.
- September 8th or 9th: The email with the student’s list of sponsors will be emailed back to everyone (check junk/spam folder).
- September 8th–20th: Students enter actual hours spent reading and practicing math. Max 276 hours total. Do not return tally sheets if you submitted hours online (preferred method).
- Sponsor pledges paid online based on actual hours. Tax receipts will be automatically emailed back if paid online. Preferred method of payment is online. Checks may be mailed to: Sharon School PTA, ATTN: VP Finance, 4330 Foxcroft Road, Charlotte, NC 28211. Please make checks payable to Sharon School PTA and note FLY, student’s name, and teacher on the check.
- October 9th: Virtual FLY prize pep rally! Celebrate top readers, 100 Hour Club, high class participation, and raffle prize winners.
2020 Key Dates
May 15th: Sponsors due online
June 10th–Aug 17th: Read and practice math. Record hours on tally sheet.
September 8th or 9th: An email (check spam) will be sent to all families with their sponsor information.
Enter actual hours online.
Pay pledges online.
October 9th: Virtual FLY prize pep rally