F! L! Y! Sharon Eagles FLY high!
What is FLY?
Fostering Learning Year-Round
FLY is a summer learning program to encourage our Sharon Eagles to read and practice math during the summer break.
FLY also raises essential funds for our PTA to use towards field trips, classroom needs, and technology. 100% of funds raised benefit Sharon School.
In 2018, our Eagles read and practiced math for an impressive 35,600 hours! How many more hours can we achieve this year? $62,000 was raised in 2018! How much more can we raise this year? Whether 5 or 150 hours, $5 or $500, every student can help contribute!
How Does FLY Work?
- May 10th: Kick-off pep rally
- May 10th–24th: Students set a goal of how many hours they will read and practice math over the 79 days of summer. Max of 4 hours per day or 316 hours total. Students gather pledges from friends, family, and any employer corporate matching based on the hour goal they set. Flat donations also welcome.
- May 24th: Deadline to enter sponsors.
The class in each grade with the most participation will win a dessert party donated by Which Wich Park Road and a manicure/pedicure gift card for their teacher.
- June 8th–August 25th: Students read and practice math.
- Keep track of hours on tally sheet which will be sent home before summer break. Max of 4 hours per day or 316 hours total.
- Earn one raffle ticket for every 10 hours of reading or practicing math. The raffle tickets will be used toward prizes at the fall FLY prize pep rally on October 4th, 2019. The more reading and math; the more raffle tickets and chances to win prizes. Students in the 100 Hour Club and Top Readers will get special recognition at the fall pep rally.
- September 6th–20th: Students enter actual hours spent reading and practicing math. Max 316 hours total. Do not return tally sheets if you submitted hours online (preferred method). New students can participate and submit hours online using their guardian’s best judgement on the total summer learning hours.
- September 6th: The email with the student’s list of sponsors will be emailed back to everyone (check junk/spam folder).
- Sponsor pledges paid online based on actual hours. Tax receipts will be automatically emailed back if paid online. Preferred method of payment is online. Please send any cash or checks in an envelope with student’s name and FLY. Please make any checks to Sharon School PTA with memo section showing student’s name and FLY.
- October 4th: FLY prize pep rally! Celebrate top readers, 100 Hour Club, high class participation, and raffle prize winners.
F! L! Y!
Thank you for your support!