F! L! Y! Sharon Eagles FLY High!
What is FLY?
FLY is a summer learning program to encourage our Sharon Eagles to read and practice math during the summer break.
FLY also raises essential funds for our PTA to use towards field trips, classroom needs, and technology. 100% of funds raised benefit Sharon School.
In 2020, our Eagles read and practiced math for an impressive 25,230 hours and raised over $32,000! How many hours and fundraising dollars can we achieve this year? Whether 5 or 150 hours, $5 or $500, every student can help contribute!
How Does FLY Work?
- April 30th–May 14th: Students set a goal of how many hours they will read and practice math over the summer. (Max of 4 hours per day or 340 total hours.) Students gather pledges from friends, family, and any employer corporate matching based on the hour goal they set. Flat donations also welcome.
- May 14th: Deadline to enter sponsors.
FILL OUT A FLY SPONSOR FORM TO SIGN UP:
How will you spend your 85 days of summer?
15 minutes a day = 21 hours = 2 raffle tickets
30 minutes a day = 42 hours = 4 raffle tickets
45 minutes a day = 63 hours = 6 raffle tickets
71 minutes a day = 100 hours = 10 raffle tickets = 100 Hour Club
(Max of 4 hours per day or 340 total hours.)
- June 1th–August 24th: Students read and practice math.
- Keep track of hours on the Tally Sheet. If you do not have access to a printer, please keep a log similar to the Tally Sheet. (Max of 4 hours per day or 340 total hours.)
- Earn one raffle ticket for every 10 hours of reading or practicing math. The raffle tickets will be used toward prizes at the fall FLY prize pep rally on October 8th, 2021. The more reading and math; the more raffle tickets and chances to win prizes. Students in the 100 Hour Club and Top Readers will get special recognition at the fall pep rally.
- September 7th: The email with the student’s list of sponsors will be emailed back to everyone (check junk/spam folder).
- September 7th–17th: Students enter actual hours spent reading and practicing math. Max 340 hours total. Do not return tally sheets if you submitted hours online (preferred method).
- Sponsor pledges paid online based on actual hours. Tax receipts will be automatically emailed back if paid online. Preferred method of payment is online. Checks may be mailed to: Sharon School PTA, ATTN: VP Finance, 4330 Foxcroft Road, Charlotte, NC 28211. Please make checks payable to Sharon School PTA and note FLY, student’s name, and teacher on the check.
- October 8th: FLY prize pep rally! Celebrate top readers, 100 Hour Club, high class participation, and raffle prize winners.
2021 Key Dates
April 30th: FLY kickoff pep rally
May 14th: Sponsors due online
June 1th–Aug 24th: Read and practice math. Record hours on tally sheet.
September 7th: An email (check spam) will be sent to all families with their sponsor information.
Enter actual hours online.
Pay pledges online.
October 8th: FLY prize pep rally