|2017 FLY Brochure||2017 FLY Sponsor Form||FLY Tally Chart|
FLY — Fostering Learning Year-Round
A Summer and Math Enrichment Program
FLY’s primary purpose is to encourage our students to read and practice math facts during the summer break.
FLY will also help raise essential funds for our PTA to use towards field trips, classroom needs, and technology. 100% of the proceeds benefit Sharon School.
This is a great way to encourage your children to read and practice math over the summer. Not only will their hard work be rewarded with fantastic prizes, they will be contributing to the programs that make Sharon an exceptional school! Whether 5 or 150 hours, $5 or $500, every child can help contribute to Sharon’s success! Last year, our students read and practiced math for 29,769 hours, which is fantastic! How many more hours can we achieve this year?
Thank you, in advance, for encouraging your child and supporting our school!
How does it work?
Students are encouraged to set a goal of how many hours they will read and practice math over the summer. In May, students will get pledges from friends and family members based on the hourly goals they set. Next fall, students will collect monetary pledges based on the actual number of hours of reading and math practice they completed.
What’s in it for the kids?
• Key reading and math skills will be maintained over the summer months so your child will be “ahead of the game” going into the new school year
• Every child will receive a FLY t-shirt
• Students will earn raffle tickets towards prizes in October after they have collected their pledges
• Prizes for 100 hour club
• Prizes for top readers in each grade
• Incentives for classes with highest participation
• FLY pep rally in the fall
When will it start?
- Help your child set a reading/math goal (# of hours) for the 79 days of summer
- Encourage him/her to gather sponsors
- Find out if your employer will provide a corporate match
- Tax Receipts will be automatically sent if donations are made via PayPal. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tax receipt for your donation.
- Ask parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and neighbors to pledge an amount
of money per hour of summer reading/math or to make a flat donation
- Record your pledges on your Sponsor Form (no money collected until Fall)
- Turn in Sponsor Form by Fri., May 19th and receive a free pass to Mathnasium, a Gigi’s bookmark, and a TCBY yogurt.
- Read and practice math!!!
- Keep track of your hours using the Tally Chart that will be provided
- Earn a raffle ticket for every 10 hours you read or do math. 500 Hour/51 raffle ticket maximum.
- Sponsor Forms returned to students
- Collect money pledged from sponsors based on actual hours
- Submit money and Tally Chart
- Celebrate your success at our fall FLY Prize Pep Rally!
How can I participate?
There are many ways that you can participate in FLY:
- Encourage your child to set an hourly goal for the summer
- Make a pledge commitment
- Encourage friends and family to make a pledge commitment
- Ask your employer for a corporate match
- Volunteer with the ongoing effort to build the program
- Become a sponsor for the program
Regardless of how you show your support, from returning your child’s pledge form to becoming a sponsor, we are hopeful that you will join us in making FLY successful to enrich the learning opportunities for every student at Sharon.
If you would like to volunteer or become a sponsor, or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for helping our Eagles FLY!
Claire Marston and Brooke Koppang