Be a FLY Corporate Sponsor
Do you want to help Sharon School and your business at the same time? Sign up to be a FLY Corporate Sponsor TODAY! Deadline is April 20, 2017!
View Corporate Sponsor Information
|FLY Brochure||FLY Sponsor Form||FLY Tally Chart|
FLY – Fostering Learning Year-Round: A Summer and Math Enrichment Program
FLY’s primary purpose is to encourage our students to read and practice math facts during the summer break.
FLY will also help raise essential funds for our PTA to use towards field trips, classroom needs, and technology. 100% of the proceeds benefit Sharon School.
This is a great way to encourage your children to read and practice math over the summer. Not only will their hard work be rewarded with fantastic prizes, they will be contributing to the programs that make Sharon an exceptional school! Whether 5 or 150 hours, $5 or $500, every child can help contribute to Sharon’s success! Last year, our students read and practiced math for 25,085 hours, which is fantastic! How many more hours can we achieve this year? Thank you, in advance, for encouraging your child and supporting our school!
Who can participate?
All rising First Graders through rising Fifth Graders can participate.
How does it work?
Students are encouraged to set a goal of how many hours they will read and practice math over the summer. In May, students will get pledges from friends and family members based on the hourly goals they set. Next fall, students will collect monetary pledges based on the actual number of hours of reading and math practice they completed.
What’s in it for the kids?
• Key reading and math skills will be maintained over the summer months so your child will be “ahead of the game” going into the new school year
• Every child will receive a FLY t-shirt
• Students will earn raffle tickets towards prizes in October after they have collected their pledges
• Prizes for 100 hour club
• Prizes for top readers in each grade
• Incentives for classes with highest participation
• FLY pep rally in the fall
When will it start?
- Early-May – Receive pledge forms, set hourly goals, ask friends/family for pledges
- May 25 – Return pledge forms
- Summer – Record hours spent on reading and math
- September – Collect money for pledges based on actual hours
- October – Celebrate students’ accomplishments with a pep rally on October 7; prizes distributed
How can I participate?
There are many ways that you can participate in FLY:
- Encourage your child to set an hourly goal for the summer
- Make a pledge commitment
- Encourage friends and family to make a pledge commitment
- Ask your employer for a corporate match
- Volunteer with the ongoing effort to build the program
- Become a sponsor for the program
Regardless of how you show your support, from returning your child’s pledge form to becoming a sponsor, we are hopeful that you will join us in making FLY successful to enrich the learning opportunities for every student at Sharon.
If you would like to volunteer or become a sponsor, or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for helping our Eagles FLY!
Claire Marston and Brooke Koppang