- Complete Symptoms Screener
- Staff assigned to carpool arrival will wear PPE to greet students.
- Students will remain in their cars until their temperature is checked by a staff member. Please have children wear face masks while interacting with school staff during temperature checks to keep everyone safe.
- Children with a fever of 100.4 or higher will not exit the car.
- Adhere to this schedule to help us manage the supervision and monitor the health of our children:
7:30-7:45: Last names A-M
7:45-8:00: Last names N-Z
- For safety, we are expected to limit the number of visitors on campus. Parents may not walk children into the building.
- Please remain in your cars. Do not park and walk your children from the parking lot to the sidewalk. We need all car riders to remain in the carpool line.
- The carpool line will long and will be slow to allow us to safely screen the students before they may exit their cars. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.
- Staff will not unbuckle students from car seats. Please help your children unbuckle their car seats and seatbelts and gather their belongings while you are sitting in the line waiting to be screened to allow for your child to exit the car once they cleared.
Students that arrive after 8:30:
- Parents will need to park and walk to the front door with their child.
- Parents will ring doorbell.
- A member of the office team wearing PPE will greet the children outside to check their temperatures and have the parents sign them in on a clipboard.
- Please wear a mask to walk your child to the front door of the school to sign in your child with the office team member.
Dismissal for Car Riders:
TIME SLOT ASSIGNMENTS FOR DISMISSAL:
2:40-2:50: Last names A-M (1st-5th grades)
2:50-3:00: Last names N-Z (1st-5th grades)
3:00-3:10: K students & w/ older siblings
- Display carpool sign
- Students that will be car riders will be sent to the gym in a staggered process based on last name time slot assignments.
- Students will be assigned to sit on marked spaces in the gym to wait for their names to be called over the radios to exit the gym and report to their assigned cone to wait to enter their cars.
- Due to safety expectations, we need to limit visitors on campus. Therefore, parents may not park and walk to pick up their children. We need to keep the staff and students safe by limiting their contact with others. Please remain in your cars for your children. We appreciate everyone adhering to these practices to help keep the carpool and bus areas clear so that we are all properly socially distancing.
CARPOOL EXIT PATTERN
- NO LEFT TURNS onto Foxcroft Road during carpool hours.
- Exit straight onto Cortelyou Road.
- STOP at the Cortelyou and Belknap stop sign.
- Take left onto Belknap Road. Turn right onto Foxcroft Road.
Please follow the carpool traffic pattern. Foxcroft Road needs to stay clear for buses to get in & out of the school parking and around the carpool line.
Submit transportation changes in writing by 1:45 PM to the front office by using the Transportation Change Form.
Please Note: Children are only allowed to ride home on their assigned CMS buses on their assigned rotation days. Children may not ride home on buses that they are not assigned to by the CMS Transportation Office.
Due to low ridership, several buses have been reassigned to other schools.
Parents of students who have been reassigned to new buses will be contacted by their child’s teacher by 2/12/21.
Parents will need to work with the drivers to meet any expectations required by CMS before the children are allowed to enter the buses. Please give the bus drivers the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools PK-12 Symptom Screening Parent/Guardian Attestation Form for Bus Riders 2020-2021.
Please try to stay with your children at the bus stops to ensure that they practice social distancing with the other students at the bus stop.
- Staff will wear PPE to greet students exiting the bus.
- Students will begin exiting buses at 7:30am or when their bus arrives on campus.
- Students will exit the busses and enter the gym standing six feet apart to begin their symptom screening and temperature checks.
- Students who have a fever (100.4 or higher) will be escorted to the health room to see the nurse.
- Students will report directly to the classroom after being screened. We will have staff members help Kindergarten students walk from the gym to their classrooms after the screenings.
Dismissal for Bus Riders:
- Students will be called by bus letter to stagger the number of children walking in the hallways to go to the buses.
- This will be a slow and safe process to keep students apart.
- Staff will be stationed throughout the hallways during dismissal to monitor students.
- Receive Remind texts if there are delays or updates regarding bus transportation.
Students may only be assigned to ride one bus home in the afternoons. Parents will need to apply for alternative stops if you wish to change your afternoon bus from the home stop to the Harris Y or the JCC programs. See: CMS Transportation Department Website
Here Comes the Bus app
Please Note: The “Here Comes the Bus” app will be available 2/15/21
Here Comes the Bus is a free school bus locator app which gives real-time bus location and alerts. Here Comes the Bus utilizes GPS data and a customizable map that works on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. You will need district code 73877 and student’s ID number to register. Available for download at https://herecomesthebus.com OR Here Comes the Bus on App Store and Google Play.